Leaving home is one of the most difficult things a person can do. It can be traumatic, stressful, grief-ridden, and lonely. But, it can also be freeing in a way that changes your life. It can be something that propels you to new levels of insight and potential personal growth. It is wonderful and terrifying all at the same time.
For me, leaving home was the best thing I could have ever done. It allowed me to explore who I was as a person, develop new relationships, and learn more about the world around me. Though it was scary at times, it was also an incredibly liberating experience. If you're thinking of leaving home, I say go for it. It's an experience you won't regret.
Here are some questions that helped me in my process:
1. What are some things you should do when preparing to leave home for the first time?
2. How do you deal with homesickness?
3. What are some things that can help make the transition from home to college easier?
4. What should you do if you're struggling to adjust to college life?
5. What are some common mistakes students make when leaving home for the first time?
It is important to remember that, though it can be difficult, leaving home is one of the most rewarding things a person can do. It opens up new possibilities and allows you to grow in ways you never thought possible. So, take the plunge and explore the world outside your door. Who knows? You may just find what you’re looking for.
by Serena Yeager, MA
To learn more click here
To schedule a session, click here